by Marcus Leach
Fancy impressing someone with your cooking skills this weekend? Well now you can with this scallop ceviche recipe courtesy of Adam Simmonds.
- 8 scallops
- 3 heads of baby gem lettuce
- 100g palm hearts, sliced thinly
- 12 fresh almonds
- 1 lemon
- 100g water
- 25g sugar
1. Slice the lemon as thin as possible and bring up in cold water to the boil. Drain and repeat the process three or four times until the bitterness has been removed
2. Make syrup from the water and sugar. Bring to the boil and pour over the sliced lemon.
3. Allow to cool
- 250g water
- 25g tapioca
- 10g sugar
1. Boil the water and the sugar and add the tapioca. Boil for 7 minutes.
2. Refresh in ice water and then drain.
3. Moisten the tapioca with some camomile consommé.
Vanilla and Lemon Dressing
- 30g vanilla oil (50g grape seed oil, 5g scraped vanilla pods; take the vanilla and chopped pods, mix with the oil and reserve in a warm place)
- 10g lemon juice
- 7g salt
1. Combine the salt with the lemon juice and allow salt to dissolve.
2. Combine oil with lemon juice.
Camomile Tea Consommé
- 150ml water
- 4g camomile tea
- sugar to taste
1. Sieve the camomile to remove the fine dust
2. Make a tea bag with muslim
3. Bring the water to the boil remove from the heat
4. Add the tea bag and steep for two minutes
5. Pass and cool over ice
1. Slice the scallops into even cylindrical slices.
2. Cover well with the dressing, this will lightly cure the scallops, and leave for five minutes.
3. Place the gem lettuce that has been broken into half and the palm hearts into a bowl and dress with the dressing
4. Arrange all of the ingredients in the middle of the bowl.
5. Spoon the tapioca pearls over the top, along with the almonds.
6. Finish the dish with a little consommé and vanilla oil.
Photo courtesy of Petra Meadley